Friday, April 26, 2013

Developers are also Good Testers



Some days ago I created ticket, which was not replicable; hence I closed as Cannot Reproduced. But the next day the same ticket was replicable. So I reopened the same ticket.

But I was unable to replicate that ticket to the concern developer. I was thinking where the mistake happens. I was in confusion. I had two tickets with me in such scenario. I have to close those two tickets as cannot reproduce. I know that’s issue. But I don’t know the exact steps to replicate those issues. But no other clue, I have close as cannot reproduce. L

I was planning to close those ticket, suddenly one developer came to me and told “don’t close those tickets, I have figure out the exact steps to replicate the issues”. Then he explains me the exact steps to replicate those two tickets.

Same situation I came across some two or three times.

Being developers, they know exactly where the application breaks. So sometime they know exact steps to replicate some issues

No comments:

Post a Comment